What Do You Need To Know About Argan Oil?
Why include argan oil in your hair products? Before making the decision to add argan oil to your hair product formulation, let’s take a look at the what, why, and how of this natural ingredient.
What Is Argan Oil?
Like other oils, argan oil comes from a natural source. In this case, the source is the Argania spinosa tree. The trees, which are exclusively located in Morocco, are part of a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve. The tree’s oil can be classified as edible or beauty cosmetic grades.
Improvements in technology have led to better extraction processes, making it easier to get the oil from the trees. The ease of modern extraction techniques has led to increase in production – and an increase in consumption.
Why Use Argan Oil?
The oil has many different benefits, including both health and beauty bonuses. Research, published in the International Journal of Molecular Sciences, found that argan oil could reduce blood pressure and potentially help diabetics by decreasing blood glucose levels and insulin resistance.
When it comes to beauty benefits, argan oil can improve the look and feel of skin and hair. These cosmetic benefits of what argan oil can do include:
- Brighten complexion. The vitamin E compounds in argan oil may help to reduce excessive pigmentation. This can increase skin brightening and help to fade dark spots.
- Oil reduction. According to research published in the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, a topical cream containing argon oil helped to regulate sebum (oil) on facial skin.
- Increase shine. Even though the oil can decrease shine on your face, it can add a luster to your hair. Not only can argan improve shininess, but it does so without leaving behind an unwanted residue.
- Reduce itchy scalp. The anti-inflammatory benefits of argan oil can help to reduce itchy, flaky scalp – without the need for harsh chemical or medicinal ingredients.
- Add moisture. The micro molecules of this oil can penetrate the hair cuticle, increasing softness and manageability.
- Prevent damage. Heat styling can lead to breakage and other damage. Fatty acids and vitamin E in this beneficial oil can protect hair, reducing the negative effects of over-styling or styling with heat devices (such as flat irons or curling irons).
- Frizz fighting. Smooth frizzy hair and help to control it with this oil. Again, argan oil can increase shine. Between the added shine and controlling benefits, hair will look smooth and frizz-free.
The beauty benefits of argan oil come in different delivery forms listed below, depending on what your preference is.
How Do Beauty Customers Use Argan Oil?
There isn’t just one way to use this oil. When it comes to hair care, you have plenty of choices. Argan oil provides beauty benefits by using it:
- In shampoo. Are you looking for the oil-reducing and cleansing benefits or argan? A shampoo product is the ideal delivery method. In conditioner. The smoothing and moisturizing benefits of argan oil make it the perfect complement to a conditioner product.
- In a hair mask. A mask or treatment infused with argan oil can add a deep level of moisture, shine, and protection.
- In styling products. Do you want to fight frizz? An argan oil styling product adds a finishing frizz-free touch.
- In a serum. An intensive repairing serum with argan as an ingredient provides an added boost of shine and moisture.
Along with infusing products with the oil, it’s also possible to use argan alone. The oil itself provides intense benefits, requiring very little application.
Do you want to help beauty shoppers to improve the look and feel of their hair with argan products? Contact Dreamline Beauty for more information.